Register by November 4th to guarantee having your shirt by race day. Drop by room 221 for the registration and pledge forms or download them below.
Promote good health by running or walking around Kezar Stadium for a good cause. Join us for the 1st Annual Lafayette Elementary Fun Run! 100% of all proceeds raised will go toward supporting our outdoor education science, art & music programs, Field Trips and other fun educational activities at Lafayette Elementary.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Fun Run:
What are the race details?
- Participants can either run a # of laps for pledges in 15 or 30 minutes, or just run 1 mile around the track (4 laps).
What does it cost to participate?
- $5 if running/walking a given # of laps with pledges per lap
- $20 if just running 1 mile (4 laps) with no pledges
Can adults participate in the Fun Run? Do we get a t-shirt?
- Yes!! Parents can either support their young runner at no cost, or run the 1-mile race for $20 with no pledges.
- Adults get a t-shirt as well (while supplies last).
What do I get for the registration fee?
- An official student-designed race t-shirt (while supplies last)
- An official race bag with enclosed goody bag
Do younger siblings and adults walking with younger students need to pay?
- No, only race participants pay the registration fee. Parents and younger siblings can join their participating family member for the Family Run/Walk which happens during the K-1 time bracket.
- Only participants get a t-shirt but family members are welcome to support their young runner on the track.
How does a student get an official stainless steel race bottle?
- All student participants with pledges of $50 or more will get a race bottle (while supplies last).
How do I register for the race? Where does it go after I complete it?
- Grab a registration form in front of the PTA office on the 2nd floor (Room 221).
- Download a form from the PTA website (see above).
- Return filled-out registration forms with fees attached in your teacher’s PTA envelope, or the PTA envelope in the front office, or at the PTA office (Room 221) in the green folder labeled Fun Run Registrations.
When do I turn in my child’s pledges?
- Help your child collect pledges over Thanksgiving break and return their pledge form with payments to school (PTA office/PTA envelope in the front office/Teacher PTA envelope) by Monday, November 28th.
What are the prizes?
- Top adult and kid runner in the 1-mile competitive race get a $50 gift certificate to Sports Basement.
- The students who raise the top three pledge amounts will each get to be principal for the day!
- Students with pledges of $50 or more will be entered into a raffle to win four rounds of golf at the Presidio Golf Course.
- Door prize: 1 week of culinary camp with the Cooking Dude
I don’t want to participate in the run/walk but I’d like to help. What are my options?
- The Fun Run Committee will need help on race day. Sign up to help us out here:
spreadsheets/d/ 1MDu8C3mv94DqSXhtp8kcZ5uPwcqo- DdVAKjwzHw9fOc/edit
I can’t make the race. Can I still purchase a race t-shirt?
- Yes, we will sell t-shirts post-race for those families who could not make the race. Stay tuned for details.