- Lisa McNey, Sharla Flock, C.J. Bergmen and Dave Martin for the Lafayette Cares Charity Event
- Amy Wimmer, Amy Winthrop, Amy Minasian, Rebekah Kurth and Maryanne Hunter for organizing the book fair which brought in $11,900.00.
- Michal for organizing the Spring school enrichment programs
UPCOMING 2017 PTA EVENTS
- 1/16: Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday – NO SCHOOL
- 1/18: Spelling Bee
- 1/20: Spirit Friday
- 1/27: Lunar New Year – NO SCHOOL
- 1/30 – 2/3: Multicultural Week
- 2/2: Multicultural Night
- 2/15: PTA Town Hall Meeting (No evening PTA meeting will be held in February)
- 2/20: President’s Day
- 2/27 – 3/3: Parent Teacher Conference Week
- 3/8: Presentation on bullying. Mechele Pruitt of Parent’s Place will be giving a one hour presentation on bullying at the PTA meeting which begins at 7:00pm in the school cafeteria. The presentation will begin at 7:30pm.
- All incoming deposits during this time period were from the book fair, Fun Run and Annual Give Campaign
- Expenses were for teacher supplies/grants and Fun Run expenses
- The School Site Council (SSC) will be meeting on Thursday 2/2 at 5:45pm to brainstorm about what direction we want the school to go in. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Multicultural week is coming up and help is needed to run “Passport Around the World” which will take place on Friday 2/3.
- Iwaszewicz is heading a committee dedicated to organizing Blue Ribbon celebrations which are currently scheduled for the 1st week in March.
- Have kids wear all blue
- Flying our Blue Ribbon flag for that week
- Incorporating the award into our spirit wear (requested by Washington D.C. and Mr. Caceres)
- Requesting Joe’s Ice Cream on Geary to create a “blue” ice cream
- Staff Potluck put on by parents
- Richmond Review article
- Updated display case outside of the office
- More information to follow in the Wednesday envelope
- Annual Give Campaign – Matt Pritchard
- We have raised $87,618.00 to date and are at 34% participation.
- We would like to increase the participation percentage
- One more push scheduled in the coming weeks. Room parents will be asked to send an email to their respective classrooms at their own discretion.
- Open to ideas on how to increase participation
- Membership – Lisa McNey for Eric McNey
- We are currently up to 393 members
- One last push scheduled with the highest participating class winning a bagel breakfast
- Spiritwear – Micha
- Online store is open for business as of the beginning of January (http://spiritwearshop.lafayettedolphins.net)
- 10 orders have been received so far
- Orders will be filled one morning out of each month
- Need more kickball jersey orders. Minimum of 48 required to place order and we only have 28. Deadline to order has been extended to Friday 1/20.
- HELP SUPPORT OUR KICKBALL TEAM BY ORDERING YOUR KICKBALL SHIRT TODAY!
- Spell-a-thon – Halima for Kate Murphy
- Testing took place Friday 1/13. Tests will be graded over the weekend and returned on Tuesday 1/17.
- Spelling Bee will take place on Wednesday 1/18
- Multicultural Week – Tamara VanderLinden
- Tuesday 1/31 – Dress Up Day
- Two performances scheduled
- Wednesday 2/1 – morning
- Thursday 2/2 – evening
- Friday 2/3 – Passport Around the World
- Looking to include all grades this year. Waiting for a few teachers to respond.
- Email with more details to be sent out in the coming week(s)
- Spring Musical – Halima for Amy Wimmer
- Performances will take place on Wednesday 3/22, Thursday 3/23 and Friday 3/24
- Sing-A-Long – Pam Janusz
- To be held at Balboa theater on 4/15 at 7:00pm
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- Tickets will go on pre-sale for $10
- Goody bags will be passed out to those who attend (while supplies last)
- The purpose of the nominating committee is to seek out qualified candidates for the elected leadership of the PTA
- The nominating committee will include Tamara VanderLinden, Craig Bergman and Pam Janusz
- The nominating committee will present their candidates at the March 8th meeting
- Elections will take place on April 12th
OPEN BOARD POSITIONS FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- President, Vice President of Membership, Financial Secretary, Historian, Vice President of Hospitality
- Mandatory PTA officers required to run a PTA are President, Treasurer (filled) and Secretary (filled).
Should you have any questions regarding the PTA summaries please contact:
Darlene Bagley, PTA Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org