Lafayette’s Annual Spell-a-thon kicks off December 4th and the test will take place the week of January 8-12th.
This is a fun and educational fundraiser. It is a great way for students to learn new words, while supporting our Lafayette community and preparing for the school-wide Spelling Bee on January 17th. Your child will learn to spell 20 words (Kindergarten) or 25 words (Grades 1-5), while your family and friends reward his/her effort with a tax-deductible donation to Lafayette Elementary PTA. Donations raised will be used to fund teacher stipends for Field Trips & Classroom Supplies.
Please help your child:
- Learn the spelling words on the Word List.
- Obtain sponsors (download pledge form here).
- Our minimum goal is at least 3 sponsors or $25 per student. Each test has 5 BONUS WORDS this year! These more challenging words are worth double the pledged amount per word.
- Collect the pledge money from their sponsors. Pledge forms are due back to school on January 8th.
- Place donations in an envelope along with the completed pledge form and return to your child’s teacher by January 29th. Please make checks payable to “Lafayette PTA”.
We have some terrific incentive prizes this year…
- TOP PRIZE: The top two fundraisers will each win a Fire 7 HP Tablet.
- Students raising at least $100 in pledges will be entered into a drawing for 8 students to have a Meet & Greet Experience with Mayor Ed Lee and a private tour of City Hall!!
- Students spelling all grade list words plus bonus words correctly will be included in drawings to win:
- Harry Potter Books Set [1-4]
- Magic Tree House Books Set [1-4 & 5-10]
- Scrabble or Scrabble Jr Game
- Bananagrams or My First Bananagram Game.
- Classrooms with 100% participation win a Popsicle party and their teacher gets $75 Scholastic dollars for their classroom library.