The Lafayette PTA sponsors the musical. All children who register will be part of the musical. All children must be able to attend all performances!
The mandatory parent meeting is on November 19 at 7pm in the school auditorium.
Registration for K-1 Chorus: All Kindergartens and First Graders will be in the K-1 Chorus. You must register your child for the Play online by November 26th. The K-1 chorus will have 3-4 rehearsals (dates tbd) and will be in all 5 performances (Registration Link).
Registration for Auditions: Auditions for 2nd -5th graders will be held in school auditorium. You must register in order to Audition (Registration Link). This year it is required to have parent/guardian authorization (and a valid email) for all participants. If you need help with registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Audition dates are:
- 4th & 5th Grades – December 2nd 2pm – 4pm (4th graders will go first and be done by 3pm.)
- 2nd & 3rd Grades – December 4th 2pm – 4pm (2nd graders will go first and be done by 3pm.)
- Call Backs – December 9th 2pm – 4pm
- ‘Cast List’ Posted – December 13th by end of school day
For the audition, each child should prepare to sing a song of their choice for 1 minute in front of a panel and their grade. They will also read a few lines provided to them at the audition. Parents, please make arrangements for pickup. If your child is in an off-site after school program, please note that buses will not return to school to pick up children.
All children in the play must be able to make all rehearsals for their role and all 5 performance dates.
Make sure to have fun. Everyone is supporting you. Take a big breath and break a leg!
- Wednesday, March 25 (9am)
- Wednesday, March 25 (6:30 pm)
- Thursday, March 26 (6:30 pm)
- Friday, March 27 (9am)
- Friday, March 27 (6:30 pm)
Rehearsal Call Schedule: Download Coming Soon
- Rehearsals are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2-4 pm from December 16th through the end of March (Week of March 9th, Parent Teacher Conference week, is one hour earlier from 1-3pm). On weeks with Monday holidays, rehearsals will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- You only need to attend a rehearsal if your role is designated for that day and time.
- The full Rehearsal Calendar, when available, will posted here. It is also posted outside the Auditorium. Weekly emails will go out with reminders for rehearsal dates and any changes.
- The break down of each scene by character and crew (if you are trying to determine which scene your child is in) will be made available here when it is available.
- If your child is in the play, you must sign up for the email communications. Schedule changes and an important announcement will all come via email. If you need to be added to the Google Group, please send an email to email@example.com
Responsibilities for all performers:
- Come to rehearsals prepared (read your script, listen to music, etc.) and on time.
- If you cannot make a rehearsal or will be late, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and at least 24 hours ahead of the rehearsal.
- Please be respectful of all your classmates and the adult volunteers, and be as quiet as possible while waiting in the auditorium.
- You must be there for all performance dates (or let us know well in advance).
- Parent and Student Expectations and Rules will be made available to download here when available.
All families must volunteer to help support our Play. Its Easy and Fun! You Can:
- provide 4 volunteer hours
- buy and hand out snacks for two (2) selected rehearsals dates, OR
- buy-out of the requirement with a TBD payment (cash or check to Lafayette PTA)
Coming Soon Downloads/Links:
- A detailed description of each of the volunteer options (pdf)
- Sign up for volunteer opportunities (google spreadsheet)
- Rehearsal Call Schedule (pdf)
Thank you for all your work and support of this magical part of Lafayette Elementary.
We are so excited for the play this year!
The School Play Committee
VIEW PHOTO GALLERY (Past Performances)