Thank you for using Stop, Drop, and Go and helping to keep our students safe!
Because we now have more families using the morning drop-off program, we are experiencing more congestion as we try to get everyone through the line. We ask that everybody please arrive on time and be patient as we work to get everybody’s child into school safely!
Pat Tam, SDG Chair
How to Use Stop, Drop, and Go Effectively
We have three approaches to the school on Anza Street: easiest is from eastbound (heading toward 36th), northbound (heading toward Geary) and turning right on 37th Avenue, or southbound on 37th Avenue and turning left.
Have your child ready to go (backpack in hand, coats on) & drop off ONLY with a volunteer! Please don’t just let your child out on your own. It only encourages unsafe behavior from others and creates chaos in the line.
The more volunteers we have, the faster we can get everybody through the line. Can you spare 20 minutes once in a while to help? It would be greatly appreciated!
Do’s and Don’ts
- Arrive on time – drop-off is from 7:35 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. After that, they are late!
- Be patient and allow the parent volunteers to open the door to let your child out. This keeps everybody safe.
- Be courteous to each other – the line will move and it will be your turn very soon.
- Watch for pedestrians as they cross the street, especially during winter hours when it’s dark.
- Watch for other cars as you exit the line as 36th Avenue is very busy in the morning!
- Make U-turns in the intersection at 36th and 37th Avenues.
- No right turn onto 36th Avenue after drop off.
- No stopping/parking/double parking on Anza Street, 36th Avenue or 37th Avenue.
- Do NOT use the white-curbed Bus Zone to drop off your child at any time.
- Do NOT jump the line of cars on 37th Avenue as it is VERY unsafe to do so!
- Be considerate of our neighbors: DO NOT double-park or block/use their driveways!
- Talk on your cell phone while in the line, a distracted driver is an unsafe driver.
Parking Around Lafayette
Please do not double park anywhere around the school. Park in a legal spot; meters on Balboa Street are not in effect until 9 a.m. Please watch for the street cleaning signs on Balboa — North side (closest to school) cleaned on Tu/Th; South side (away from school) cleaned M/W/F between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to keep our Lafayette community safe!
Helpful Resources & Links
- Class Rotation Schedule
- Instructions on Setup
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Safe Practices Overview
- Video Overview